Saturday, March 23, 2013

MAC Matchmaster Foundation Review


There's a lot of mixed reviews on MAC's Matchmaster foundation.  Most people seem to love it or hate.  Unfortunately, I am the latter. 

For reference:  I am NC25, asian with yellow undertones, dry-to-combination skin (dry cheeks & eyes, oily T-zone), semi-sensitive skin (to certain ingredients). 
Some shades I use:  Nars Ceylan/Fiji (winter/summer), MUFE HD Foundation #120, Missha BB's in #23, Giorgio Armani Maestro & Luminous Silk #5, Smashbox BB in Light, Dior Nude Foundations in 021 Linen.

**Click on photos for larger view**
(2.0 on the top/left.  1.5 on the bottom/right)

 (2.0 blended on the top/left.  1.5 blended on the botton/right)

Color:  2.0 pulled orange on me.  I would post pictures of my face, but I look like I'm sick or have jaundice because it's so orange.  1.5 was too light and made my face look ghostly in pictures (partially due to spf & partially due to the light shade itself).  Mixing the two seemed to help the shade, but it still looked a bit orange compared to my neck.

Coverage:  A thin layer covered pretty well, as you can see from the blended foundation over the mole.  I think Pro Longwear covers much better and evenly with little effort, but this does come in a close second.  

Finish:  It did leave a nice semi-matte finish on my entire face, however, the drier areas of my face felt drier than it looked and accentuated the pores on my cheeks.  I don't have dry skin to the point of flakiness, so I couldn't tell you if it makes them show more.  BUT, from the way it feels on the dry areas, I would assume it does cling to flakes easily.  I preferred using a regular foundation brush over a stippling brush, sponge, or hands.  The formula seemed to work very well with the regular brush and did not leave streak marks or anything.

Lasting Power:  I wore this through a 12-hr day of work and school.  After working about 6 hours, my T-zone got oily and my drier cheeks saw some melting.  No break-outs or irritations and I usually see some irritation after a few hours if something bothers my skin.

Re-purchase?  Nah.  MAC's other foundations are waaay better than this in my opinion and offer better shade selections. 

Questions?  Comments?  Shout em out to me below!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I didn't know you started blogging! I can't find where's the subscribe button on your blogpage, I want to subscribe for your updates! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya I decided to try lol! Uhhh I need to figure out how to put up a subscribe button. Do you know how?

      Delete